Friday, February 27, 2009

Will Starve for Food

It is a strange quote, isn't it? Well, yes, today is the 30 Hour Famine. If you don't know what that is, it is a time when my church youth group will get together for about 24 hours (the actual fast part starts at noon while people are at school) and playing games, doing bible studies, and just having fun together! I'm excited because I learned that 2 of my friends are coming from Biola to join us! Yayness! I can't wait.

But it really is a sad reason for this fast. 26,000 children, ages 5 and under, die everyday, worldwide. It takes 30 days for the body to shut down from lack of nutrition and food.

One of things we're doing for the famine is raising money to help these children. I myself have raised $250, though I gave most of it to my brother. Its amazing how much people will give, even through this economic time of trouble.

There is also a family in our church that is having trouble feeding their family. They have two little girls and another one on the way. I felt lead to help them, so we're giving them gift cards so they can get food. I hope that God blesses them so much!

I'm looking forward to see all the kids in our youth group learn something from this. Not only will it bring us closer together as friends, but it will hopefully bring us closer to God. That is what I am looking forward to! God gave us the chance to do this, so I hope we all learn something from it! Praise God for giving us this chance!

In half an hour I will have to stop eating, that means I much "Starve for food". Let the fast, learning, and pain begin! <--- I meant that in a good way! <3


ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment