Saturday, February 28, 2009

Green team- The Knights who say Ni!

Well, the 30 hour famine was a success! We raised over $1200 with only 18 kids! Praise God! I could not believe it when I heard it. God is amazing and wonderful!

So in the beginning we were divided into "tribes". I was on the green team (which happens to be my favorite color!). My team consisted of all boys, except for me, who are Josh(my brother), Angel and Adam(my neighbors down the street), one of the new boys Gage, and Sam Kirk. I was appointed their "chief". Our team was called, "The knights who say Ni!" and I was the Black Knight, or as it was written on my mask, "the blak night" (Now I can tease Adam on how he got into Jr. High!). Anyway, we played games all night (which I couldn't play because of my foot >P), but the one that I could play was Sardines. Oh, I love that game. Though it often gave it away when the "cripple" or "gimp" would disappear, blasted crutch. But Sardines at about midnight, in a huge church, and with the lights out making it pitch black.... Imagine it. It was funny when I would be standing there and turn around and scare the dickens out of someone.

Then we watched a movie Hoodwinked (Even though I fell asleep at the beginning of the movie =). ) When we got up at about 8, we got ready and played kick ball... Well I didn't.... >( Oh well ,but Team 1 won! Then we got inside and they told us we were going to go around the neighborhood and ask the neighbors for canned foods that we could take to the rescue mission that afternoon. It was surprising how much we got for that too! God is good all the time! It was scary going up to people's homes and asking for canned foods, but it was worth it!

Later on we delivered food to a family in our church that needed food and then to the rescue mission. When we got back from that... Lets just say we all crashed. It felt good to rest my head and tired body. We rested and played bored games and video games, and watched "VeggieTales", or even slept. It was fun. But then we all cleaned up the church and they sat us down and told us what we raised. Over $1200! I still can't believe it! Not even everyone was trying very hard! I mean, our goal was $500. God took our request and doubled it! It is still amazing that it happened! I am sooooo happy!

Then we got our group photo done and waited for the food. I must say, it was strange to eat again after 30 hours. I know that sounds strange, but after I ate, my stomach hurt. Its still a little weirded out, but I know I'll be fine.

In the end we cleaned up our food mess and anything else that needed done. We said our good-byes and left. I got a beautiful green scarf and glow stick bracelet, which will be by my bed tonight, but I believe that my God is so amazing in giving His people what they need! Praise God! He gives us so much more then we deserve! Ah! Its so hard to explain this feeling of contentment and joy in my heart! The people who need our help to take care of them are getting so much! Praise God! Praise God! I am so happy! Its just not enough to write it, but explaining it is difficult. If anyone has ever felt this feeling, it is so overpowering!

Well, I am exhausted and so grateful for everything. If you've read this, I hope I spread some of that joy, in just a little way or in a big way! Talk to me on facebook if you want or feel like it! I'm on a lot... sadly... Why do homework when there's Facebook? Hehe! Anyway....

ttfn
(thank you Tim, now that is going to be stuck on me)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment